How to calculate GST
- Determine the net price (the price without the GST). Let’s make it
- Find out the GST rate. It will be
10%in our example. If expressed in percentages, divide it by
100. So it’s
10 / 100 = 0.1.
- To calculate the tax amount: multiply the net price by GST rate.
$40 * 0.1 = €4.
- To determine the gross price: multiply the net price by GST (again, we’d get
€4) rate and then:
- Add it to the VAT exclusive price.
€40 + €4 = €44.
GST calculator helps you find out either net or gross price of your product based on a percentage-based GST tax rate. It’s very simple to use – provide values that you know (for example net price and GST rate) to receive other values (in this case gross price and tax amount). Since GST is essentially the same thing as value-added tax, you’re free to use our popular margin and VAT, which lets you combine a price hike due to your gross margin and the tax on goods and services. Keep reading to find out: